- 1-2 Lbs Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Small Can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Large Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Large Can of Brooks Chili Beans (Hot or Mild)
- 2 Packets of McCormick’s Chili Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt to Taste
- Garnish with shredded cheese, sour cream and Saltine crackers
- Sing the ND Fight Song
- Brown the ground beef, onion, and peppers all together with one package of McCormick’s chili seasoning.
- Add beans, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes
- Add 1-2 cups water depending on how “soupy” you want the chili to be. I usually just add the water to the empty bean can and add slowly until I get the desired consistency. Less water will make for a thicker chili.
- Add the remaining package of McCormick’s chili seasoning.
- Add crushed red pepper (Add another teaspoon if you want a lot of spice)
- Salt to taste
- Simmer on medium to low for about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve in a soup dish and add shredded cheese, sour cream and Saltine crackers to top.
**We eat this recipe for nearly every ND Football game! This is definitely a keeper and wonderful on brisk, fall days.